Ten digital analytics implementation laws, also known as Piippo’s laws:
- Nothing is simple to track.
- If something seems simple to track, I have missed something important.
- Because of this, analytics implementation always takes more time than I thought.
- A simple solution is better than a complex solution.
- Almost always, there is a more straightforward solution to my problem.
- Complex solutions are usually wrong or buggy.
- Simple metrics are better than complex metrics.
- Simple metrics are easier to understand.
- Metrics that aren’t understood aren’t used.
- If no one uses the data, I shouldn’t collect it.
Keep it simple, stupid!